JOIN OUR TEAM – DISCOVER WHERE YOUR SKILLS COULD TAKE YOU
For over 30 years Virginia Hayward has been specialising in creating hampers and gifts for businesses globally. Established in 1984 by Gin and Geoff Hayward, Virginia Hayward Ltd remains a family-owned company which has successfully grown into one of the most highly respected companies in the niche hamper industry. Virginia Hayward Ltd. employs over 70 full-time staff with that number trebling in the weeks before Christmas and operates from over 200,000 square feet of purpose built offices and modern warehousing in the heart of the beautiful Dorset countryside.
Whether you’re looking for a new career in our office, the warehouse or out on the road, a job a Virginia Hayward Ltd. will be a fast-paced and rewarding experience.
Thank you for your interest in a career with us. We don’t have any roles available at the moment but please check back periodically.
If you would like to send us your CV please email [email protected].
Health & Safety Manager, Shaftesbury
Virginia Hayward Ltd. is an innovative and fast paced retail / wholesale / production / logistics business. To put us into one category would be to veil the scope of this challenging and rewarding role.
Based in the lovely North Dorset town of Shaftesbury we are seeking a Health & Safety Manager to join our business. You will be the H&S representative across our sites, helping to strengthen and improve everything from behaviours to systems while working as part of a close knit H&S committee who are collaborative in their approach and want to continuously improve.
Due to the heavily seasonal nature of our business we have over 80 staff across two sites between January and July with those numbers rising in excess of 250 between July and December.
We not only have a long standing heritage in our market but we have invested heavily in safety and there is a very strong H&S committee to support the incumbent. After a few challenging yet positive years our sites need a strong leader who is adaptable and flexible to the fast paced nature of our environment.
This role would suit an experienced manager already working on similar sized sites who wants accountability. You will have exposure to a diverse risk profile and will be challenged continuously here in a positive way. It will be your role to challenge behaviours in the right way, continually improve the systems, processes, procedures and behaviours and ensure the company are compliant with all regulations. You will wear all hats from administrative to dealing with senior managers and everything in between.
Skills and Experience:
- GradIOSH Level- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent qualification.
- Experience in a similar level health and safety role within an SME.
- Previous multi-site experience in a similar role.
- Warehouse / Production / Transport or Logistics experience.
- IT literate and a comprehensive understanding of Windows based programmes to include Word, Excel and Outlook is essential.
- Due to the role covering the health & safety for two-sites initially, the post holder must have a current driving licence.
Type of person:
- Engaging and visible on the ‘shop floor’, who will work with the staff to improve standards.
- Flexible and adaptable to the changing and fast paced nature of the business and industry.
- Commercially astute.
- Technically very strong with good attention to detail.
- Able to effectively influence those at a senior level.
- Professional in their approach to dealing with issues and employees.
- Appreciation of confidentiality and discretion.
- Strong organisational and administrative skills with a methodical approach.
- Focused on delivering outstanding customer service to VH’s internal customers and contractors.
- The ability to communicate clearly and confidently with a range of people.
- Strong teamwork skills.
If you are interested in this role please submit your CV with a cover note outlining your salary expectation. Applications received without this information will be disregarded.
To discuss this role in more detail please contact the Head of People and Performance, Rachel Cox on 01747 852598 or email [email protected].