JOIN OUR TEAM – DISCOVER WHERE YOUR SKILLS COULD TAKE YOU
For over 30 years Virginia Hayward has been specialising in creating hampers and gifts for businesses globally. Established in 1984 by Gin and Geoff Hayward, Virginia Hayward Ltd remains a family-owned company which has successfully grown into one of the most highly respected companies in the niche hamper industry. Virginia Hayward Ltd. employs over 120 full-time staff with that number trebling in the weeks before Christmas and operates from over 200,000 square feet of purpose built offices and modern warehousing in the heart of the beautiful Dorset countryside.
Whether you’re looking for a new career in our office, the warehouse or out on the road, a job a Virginia Hayward Ltd. will be a fast-paced and rewarding experience.
group Carrier Despatch Manager (Shaftesbury)
The Group Carrier Despatch Manager will be office based in Shaftesbury and the focus is on managing the despatch of all parcels from the various sites and businesses which are owned or managed by the Virginia Hayward group, ensuring that deliveries are despatched on schedule and in the most appropriate and cost-effective manner.
This role focuses specifically on the use of parcel carrier networks, such as Fedex, DHL, DPD, Hermes and Royal Mail to achieve this aim.
Main responsibilities and therefore areas of competence the successful applicant will need to demonstrate at interview are:
· Monitoring VH systems (including, but not limited to, internal sales order processing system, Sage and Indigo WMS) and 3rd Party systems (including, but not limited to, WASP and Kewill) to pick and plan the picking of parcels across the Group.
· Selection of parcels for picking.
· Printing and sortation of all labels generated.
· Liaison with Warehouse personnel (at various sites) who will enact the physical picking and labelling of parcels.
· Forecasting and requisition of appropriate transport to cover the daily despatch requirements of all sites, bearing in mind their various peak periods.
· Maintenance of a working relationship with external providers.
· Regular reviews of cost pricing across all carrier operations, feeding into the retail facets of the business to ensure that retail delivery pricing is always profitable.
· Perpetual analysis of management information, developing reports and KPIs that ensure a smoothly run and profitable department. Presentation of performance against agreed KPIs to Group Head of Operations and Leadership Team.
We invite invitations from candidates who have experience in a similar role, who possess excellent people management skills and outstanding IT skills.
We are a heavily seasonal business so although this role will be achievable between 9am until 5pm Monday to Friday from January through to October we generally find longer hours are required during November and December; it is likely this will include evenings and weekends,
For a full job description please contact our recruitment team on [email protected] or upload your CV