Our COVID-19 Response
We take the health and safety of all our staff extremely seriously.
In addition to our existing BRC accredited procedures, a number of additional Covid-19 measures have been put in place which aim to make our workplace as safe as possible for all staff and visitors during the Coronavirus pandemic.
Our warehouses provide staff with extensive cleaning and welfare facilities ensuring personal hygiene levels are maintained to the same high standards used for our hampers packing. Completed ambient hampers are then stored weeks in advance of their final dispatch to the end receiver.
The infection risk from a COVID-19 contaminated environment decreases over time. Studies suggest that the risk of residual infectious virus is likely to be significantly reduced after 48 hours. The NHS says: “it’s very unlikely Coronavirus can spread through things like packaging or food.”
The following Covid-19 measures are in place:
- Existing personal hygiene standards when packing our hampers are to British Retail Consortium (BRC) Standards. We received a ‘AA’ Grade in our last BRC audit.
- The way we manage and store our hamper products meets BRC standards.
- We temperature test and question all our staff to hear how they are feeling as they enter our work premises.
- If a temperature is too high, the member of staff will not enter our site and is required to book a COVID-19 test in accordance with government guidelines. Only when they obtain a negative result can they return to work.
- We temperature test all delivery drivers and visitors. If their temperature reading is too high, access to our site is denied.
- Our ambient hampers are packed weeks in advance of their dispatch to our customers.
- We have staggered our shift times to enhance our social distancing commitments.
- We have identified “shared equipment” and introduced anti-viral wipes in these locations as an additional cleaning measure.
- We have identified workplace “Pinch points” where social distancing recommendations cannot be met. In these areas, it is mandatory to wear additional PPE such as face masks or face shields for the duration of time spent in the designated area.
- We have stocks of COVID-19 PPE such as masks, face shields, gloves, anti-viral wipes and disposable gloves and can quickly respond to any additional changes or recommendations introduced by the government.
- We have increased the number of fulltime cleaners who are responsible for cleaning all shared internal surfaces, equipment and toilets.
- We have introduced a COVID-19 Business Strategy and associated COVID-19 risk assessments and our staff have read and understood these documents.
- We follow government guidance and have established a COVID-19 Control Team to manage the workplace logistics of changing advice and guidance.
- A copy of our COVID-19 Strategy is available on request, please email [email protected] for a copy.
Packing Line - Socially Distanced